As a mother with a gluten free child it’s some times hard to find snacks that are both safe and delicious for my son. He’s still young enough that if I mention gluten free he turns up his nose to it, but if I don’t mention it, he wont know the difference.
These gluten free muffins are amazing. Every single person in my family loved them and the kids had no idea that they were gluten free. Plus, they are tiny enough to put them in their school lunches and they still have room for their cheese sticks. Here’s the recipe.
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place muffin liners in mini muffin tin or grease tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until creamy then mix in the milk and the olive oil.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, but don’t mix to much, the batter will be very thick.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins, filling only to the brim. Don’t over fill.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Larger muffins will take longer.