I’ve never been a fan of sweet and sour anything, but a few weeks ago my husband requested sweet and sour pork for the weekly menu. I’m up for trying new things and I usually like the things I make. I found this recipe on lilluna.com and tried it out. It was delicious!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Pork steak, or I used pork chops cause they were cheap
- Oil or shortening for frying
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 TBS. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15oz can of pineapple chunks
- 3 TBS. brown sugar
- 2 TBS. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 green pepper chopped up
- 4 cups rice cooked
- Heat oil in a pan. Sprinkle pork with paprika and brown in the pan. Cover pan and cook pork for about 20 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine in a medium bowl brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the pineapple liquid, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and water until mixture is smooth. Add to meat, cooking over low heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pineapple and green peppers. Cover and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.