Every year for my boy’s birthday, I take them to a park and take some photos of them that show of their personality, and no one has more personality than Ronan. He is a fun packed fire cracker, full of energy and imagination. There is nothing that this kid hasn’t tried or wants to try. He also never stops moving, not even when he is sick. Love my medium boy!
We had a busy weekend. Pictures for Ronan’s 6th birthday, pictures of my sisters family, my little sisters bridal shower and dinner with the in-laws. And that was all on Sunday. What a weekend.
I also finished my second edits on my book and sent it back to my editor with a dedication and teaser excerpt. I think we are coming to the end, but I don’t really know how the time line works. All I want to see now is my cover.
Here is the menu for the week Enjoy!
– Tuna Sandwiches
It has been a long week with the kids going back to school and me trying to figure out how to cope with my children growing up too fast. It’s a strange feeling only having my two year old at home with me on Mondays, but we are learning to be patient with each other and how to communicate better. We will be fine… In a few weeks… Maybe…
I still found time this week between dropping kids off at school, grocery shopping and picking them back up again, to pick out some findings that I’ve come across on Pinterest. Here is the list. Enjoy!
- I love fall and its warm clothing. Especially scarves, they make me feel so warm. Check out this site with lots of discount coupons for fall styles.
- As this recipe say, these blueberry muffins are easy. They are also delicious and I made some for my boys with the blueberries that we picked this summer. You really need to try them.
- How can you beat the beauty of nature. This photo was taken on the road to Los Glaciares national park in Argentina. Amazing!
- I’ve always loved the bohemian style, but sadly I’m a little lost when it comes to fashion. I rely on Pinterest to tell me how to dress. This article has some great tips on how to master the boho style.
- If you need some funny quotes and sayings to get you through your day, check out this site. There are some seriously funny ones on here.
- Found this weird post with a Venus fly trap that looks like Santa Clause and blows bubbles with bubble gum. So weird… But awesome!
- I haven’t made these DIY Popsicle stick pallets but I want to. They look like a fun accessory for my living room.
My husband and I went a little cray this weekend with our DIY projects but we felt so accomplished at the end of the day.
One night my husband called me outside after he got home from work. He was totally excited as he lead me to the side of the house to show me his side of the road find. To my surprise, he brought me an old iron garden bench that needed a lot of work. It was painted brown with black cast iron. The wood was broken in several places and rotting out. Silly me didn’t get a picture of it before my hubby tore it apart but you can imagine how it looked. It was bad enough for someone to leave it on the side of the road and even worse when it was still there at the end of the day in North Portland when my husband picked it up.
The project took us about two weekends and cost a little over $40. He poured our hearts into this bench and brought it back to life. I am proud to display it in my yard and relax on it in the sun when the boys are romping around in the grass.
We had so much fun finishing the first one, my husband stole the decrepit bench from my parents front yard while they were just inside watching a football game and we restored that one too. They look amazing. Check it out.
|This is my parents bench. So pretty!|
Here is another round of Findings Friday. Check out some of the awesome Pinterest findings from this week.
- Its road trip weather for us here in Oregon. The leaves are changing but the ever greens are still vibrant.
- Turn those spring dresses into fall fashion just by adding a sweaters.
- You can never have too many ballet flats.
- For a laugh, how about some Mindy project quotes to brighten your day.
- Bellow is a list of love songs to cuddle with your honey in the cooler evenings as fall approaches.
Well, with summer fading from our minds and fall creeping up on us, its time to remember some of the fun DIY projects and recipes that i’e shared with all of you over the last few months. Check these out.
One of my first projects from this summer was this awesome DIY solar light cluster. This was really easy to make and only cost me $15 in supplies. Check out the link below to see how it was made.
This was my favorite project this summer. My husband and I turned the ugly towel rack in the bathroom into something that we love to show off. We used wood from our back yard and the cost was about $12 for the rest of the supplies. Check out the link below to see how it was made.
How about a DIY custom door mat? I loved how I got to make this one personal. My house is chaos all the time and I was able to incorporate that into the decorating of my new home.
Check out how you can make your own by clicking the link below.
This summer we went blueberry picking and one of the most amazing salads I’ve ever had come of it. If you want the recipe for this amazing blueberry blue cheese salad, check out the link below.
For my 300th post my husband helped me put together this awesome drawer organizer. It was super easy and super cheap to do. This is a must if your utensil drawer looks like mine did, or you just want it nice and organized. Check out the link below for more details.
I have three kids and they grow really fast, so this DIY wooden growth chart is a must around my house. This project cost me about $5 and took about 15 minutes.
Check out the link below to see how it is done.
This one was more for my husband. He loves cucumbers and this salad meet his approval. If you too love cucumbers then follow the link below for the recipe.